Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Everyday Beautiful - week 4

   I'm back on the weight loss warpath...hungry every moment of every day and getting up at 6:00 a.m. to get a work out in before the natives begin singing gleefully from their beds (that is literally they way my 2 wake up)!  Honestly, there is something beautiful about that, too!  Hence a couple of the gifts listed this week are #151 The Glow of Morning Dawn (because I'm actually seeing it)!  #156. is Accountability (for those morning workouts...Thanks to my "new" friend, Marion!) Hopefully we stay friends!!  

  Then when the workout ceases... #152 The stillness of 6:30 a.m.  Just Me and God...that is beautiful.

  The other day I was the happiest I've been in a LONG time when I saw two beautiful faces staring back at me on the computer screen...#153. Skyping 3 way with far away friends.  They are geographically far, but so close to my heart! 

#155. Singing Amazing Grace to Ayla before bed.  There are so many beautiful things in that one gift!


#157 is Paddington!



#159 Colorful birdies that watch Petra sleep.  Maybe this is why SHE wakes up singing!  I seriously need to make some of these for my room!  Maybe you do too!  Click here for the pattern. 
The birdie pattern is off to the right hand side under "Free Patterns"! 


I'm not sure that anything sends my heart fluttering like creating something from what I already have!!  This past week I had the opportunity to wrap the senior wives gifts for seminary!  Guess what they got?  YEP..."One Thousand Gifts" by Ann Voskamp Click Here for Amazon link!
  Well, I didn't want to wrap them any old boring way, but money is tight...
                           so I went digging through and this is what I found!

Wrapping paper I already had...


 Plus some old sweaters that were felted (some on accident and some on purpose), old ties (with special thanks to my friend Jeremy and my Dad, ribbon and of course, buttons...add a hot glue gun and...



you get...EVERYDAY BEAUTIFUL!!!  #160. Stacks of colorful creative packages.




Have a creative and beautiful week!!!

 Jenn





No comments:

Post a Comment