Saturday, July 31, 2010

One BIG Event



I had no idea what last night would take out of me. Exhausted is a good way to put it, but WOW, I'm so tired today. The whole evening was amazing. We prepared and decorated all morning with lots of help from some of the best people on God's green earth. Bethany Tandon handled all the food prep and organized all the donated desserts. Karen Barbrow came Friday morning and watched all the kiddos so that the rest of us could work like slaves. Esther Brunk and Candace Jones were my main decorators...all the greenery and lights were all them! They were amazing. Then last night...Bethany and Alex, Karen and Jeremy showed up early and got everything going while Pete and I practiced with the VERY talented Barbara (our pianist). Josh Jones MC'd the evening is a wonderful "announcer" voice. Frank Taylor and Jon Hagey were manning the video feed and sound! Seriously, my families heros! They were so thankful for the ability to watch us from Maine, NH, SC, Nova Scotia and even some friends in Chile! I really can't say enough about all the help we got last night. I'm so humbled and overwhelmed by the love that surrounds us. I'll be updating the donations calculator as soon as we get a firm number.


Praise the Lord for a wonderful night of love and music and so much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment